Hand and Wrist Pain
Carpal Tunnel - What is it?
Carpal Tunnel is compression on the median nerve. The median nerve is what supplies the hand with feeling and movement. The symptoms include:
- Numbness or tingling in the thumb and next two or three fingers of one or both hands
- Numbness or tingling of the palm of the hand
- Pain extending to the elbow
- Pain in wrist or hand in one or both hands
- Problems with fine finger movements (coordination) in one or both hands
- Wasting away of the muscle under the thumb (in advanced or long-term cases)
- Weak grip or difficulty carrying bags (a common complaint)
- Weakness in one or both hands
What causes Carpal Tunnel?